Thursday, March 31, 2011

USBC Nationals - Final Day


Well, the trip is over and I am now back in Washington DC. The train was packed so that meant less room to spread out to sleep. That is usually the way it goes ... when you want something it isn't there. So I basically just stayed up all night. I was too restless to try and stay in one seat. During this part of the trip, I had several conversations that were really interesting. Of course there is always one ... an older lady who disagreed with everything I said. I spoke of the snow I saw Monday and she said there was no snow, "There can't be, I came through there LAST Tuesday and there was no snow." I quickly replied "Well maam, I came through there YESTERDAY and there was snow." She disagreed with everyone on everything. Talk about someone in bad need of a good slap and kick in the arse! Dinner was great and the conversation equally good. The ride was hard since my rear end had reached it limit and was sore and no seat felt soft or comfortable.

Several people who were taking the Bible Study Fellowship course were talking highly of the course. What amazed me was their excitement level. I will have to check into that course if it was that good! Also interesting was that all 3 couples weren't friends but just happened to be traveling on the same train to different locales. But after their discussion, they were friends and equally excited.

I think I have found a new train to get to Chicago the next time I go to Reno. The "Cardinal" that leaves from Chicago and comes through Manassas. That will save me some time going back and forth from Union Station. If anything it is a different route after taking the Capitol Limited and California Zephyr to Reno the last 12 times.

Time to return to Reality and start talking about other things.

No comments: