Thursday, March 31, 2011

USBC Nationals - Day Seven


Well, sad day ... time to go home and re-enter the rat race of life. No, going home isn't sad the sad part, it is just leaving a small group of very good friends knowing we won't see each other for a year. Bowling this tournament for 21 years you manage to get to know the bowling and personal life of many people. Perhaps the scary part is not knowing if you will ever see them again. This has happened several times with just my team members. George died 2 months after the 2008 tournament and Vince about 3 months after the 2009 tournament. This doesn't count the number of life issues that have kept some people from ever bowling again. Looking back, I get a small appreciation of just what my 21 consecutive years means.

I was lazy and didn't get up till 10:00 am once again. Packed my memories away and checked out of the Silver Legacy until I return to Reno in 2013. I checked my baggage at the train station and wandered back to Stadium for my last goodbyes.

On the train and headed home ... and I am lucky ... no man-lovers anywhere near me! I had an interesting dinner with a lawyer and a doctor. The lawyer was recovering from a recent snowboard accident. Remind me ... to stay away from snowboards. We even have musical entertainment. Two riders are playing music on a flute and guitar. Makes you feel like campfire time at a Boy Scout campout.

Well, the sun is down and complete darkness descends upon us.

No comments: