Thursday, March 24, 2011

USBC Nationals - Day Four


I woke up as we pulled into Winnemuca on a side track while they decided what to do. The night went pretty good as there wasn't much civilization around to provide lights to watch as the train went by. My Buddy with the loud mouth and a penchant for men wound up getting moved by the Conductor after someone else complained about he language and language topics. Of course he blamed me for starting it all. Grow Up!

After about 90 minutes they decided the track was clear enough for us to proceed to Reno. Yeah! Of course that meant that we had to backup some seven miles so they could switch back onto the main line. After a lazy breakfast of French Toast, we headed for Reno and an uneventful 200 mile ride.

I got to my room about 11:30 and proceed to get rid of the train smell that had soaked in for 3 days. This is when I discovered I had no socks in my suitcase. Guess where they were? Yep, a 3 year old took them out after I placed them in the suitcase. Oh well, there were worse things I could have forgotten or left behind.

Tonight, I will hopefully have a practice session at the local lanes with the Visionary Bowling Team. That should be fun.

No comments: