Friday, March 18, 2011

Slow Friday


Well, USBC Nationals is almost here. I leave on Monday @ 1605. I still have a few things to do to get ready but I can now enjoy the excitement of a great week of bowling and train rides. I will be staying at the Silver Legacy in Reno once again. I should own a room by now after all the times I have stayed there. I think this is my 11th stay at the Silver Legacy. The memories of my first trip in 1990 to Toledo seems so distant. As usual, I will try and blog everyday and hopefully give you a small taste of what is happening. Anyone who wants to donate money for my good time is more than welcome.

Wild Mom is doing fine though Muffin is having a rough time. Squirrel Man is back to driving. I will have to start planning another weekend trip down there soon so I can finish up what I did not get done last time. Anyone want to go and help drive? Lady is fine as ever and is working hard to finish cleaning out her craft room. It has turned out to be a tougher job than first envisioned but she is getting it done. Gee, it just dawned on me, there is only 3 weeks till Lady and I sneak off to Williamsburg for the weekend. Wow! She will be in a bikini so I best get my body into speedo shape!

#1 is working and teaching hhgreg what to do. #2 is a phantom who only passes by and the only prolonged sightings are at the dinner table. Peanut doesn't want me to talk about her size so I won't. But ... the baby is getting bigger! Most the Doctor news lately has been good and everything is set for a successful launch. Gung Ho Jenn works and is ticklish as ever. Of course, I do my best to refrain from tickling her.

The Grandkids will be here this weekend for the first time in 3 weeks, so life will be exciting and non-stop activity.

Almost time to start up my comments on the "Sidewalk Observations from My Window" series. The foot traffic on the street is picking up and already there have been some amusing scenes. Such as the woman who was chatting with a friend while standing in the Taxi parking lane. The Taxi pulled in behind her and stopped within inches. The woman then backed up, not knowing the Taxi was there, hit the car, lost her balance and managed to slide off the hood onto the ground. Bad part is her dress caught on the hood ornament and remained there. So for a few minutes the passing cars were treated to a funny scene until she got her footing and unhooked her dress. Of course, I was almost in tears as I laughed at the scene she made. I know there will be more episodes and can't wait, maybe I should keep my camera handy.

No comments: