Saturday, March 26, 2011

USBC Nationals - Day Five


Today started with more snow flurries. Most of the day was spent getting my bowling equipment ready for Friday Night. I tried to sleep in but at 4:00 am PDT I was wide awake. I guess the old body is stuck in Eastern Time. I walked around town a bit to see the changes. I guess the biggest change is the Bus Station moved nearer the Train Station. Lunch was nice and I sat where I could watch the people walk by. Some sights are such you should never have to see them in public. You have to wonder what the person was thinking when they got dressed.

The bowling team was pretty much the same as last year. Just a little more gray and a tad bit slower in their movement. Nate was unable to come because of personal issues and without fail the USBC representative showed up to give him his 20 year pin. We called him from the bowling lanes to tell him what he missed. I listened to their tales of their drive up here since they had to deal with the snow storm in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Plus they saw gas range from $4.15 to $4.69 a gallon. Gee, and we think $3.50 is high.

The Visionary Bowling team is the same. They talked with me about being a official Visionary Bowling Products equipment tester for the next year. So I will have to think about it before I commit to the job. We are planning on going out to dinner Saturday night. We did that last year and it was a blast. One of the managers and VISE representative is from Panama City ... specifically from Southport. Small world!

Well, I bowled tonight and it was fun to participate. I could never get anything going. My stomach was on the fritz so it distracted me a lot and my energy was low. So I will get back to the room and get rested and hopefully feel better tomorrow. All I can figure it was the Killer Nacho's and beer I had for lunch.

No comments: