Friday, December 29, 2006

Some Last Thoughts for 2006

Gee, 2006 is coming to an end and what ever happened to the 365 days? I can only remember 299 of them. Help, I have been cheated out of some great times.

Here are some highlights of the year from my eyes. I know I have forgotten something so please don't execute me ... I am getting older.

January - Our new Years Cruise -- oh what fun.

February - A much sadder month as Dad went on to be with the Lord. Just to think, he is up there having fun. I miss him so.

March - National Bowling Tournament in Corpus Christi Texas and a great week with my Mom.

May - Two things happened to change my life. Someone who means the world to me turned 50. And a beautiful high energy Blonde came into our life. It has changed our life forever --- for the best.

June - Daughter #1 graduates from High School and our hearts beat proud for what she has done.

September - Financially free ... oh how it feels so good.

October - Son #1 moves to Colorado as he leaves the nest. A great opportunity for him but we sure miss him. Pssst ... Don't tell him though. Daughter #1 gets married and makes us as proud as possible. We love her so.

November - Paul blesses us with a whole year of healing and prayers. God is good.

December - Our first Christmas without Son #1 and with Daughter #2. I won't trade a moment except to have Son #1 here for the Holiday's and share the season with him.

I have many reasons to be happy and thankful for but one is the most important. Without her I would have been lost 31 years ago. My wife is so special I can't even start to tell you. In my mind, she defines wife, mother, friend, lover, and companion. If only I could find the right way to tell her the depth of her meaning to me. I can't wait for the next 31 years and then some.

Happy New Year and May whomever you worship may they bless you with a great life.

No comments: