Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas - Part 3

We celebrated 31 years last night. In my humble opinion it was as good as the first. Our best friends went with us and we had a slow and fun dinner. Work continues to provide a million laughs even if they aren't wanted. I just love those early morning phone calls especially when it is a morning to sleep in a bit and regain some of what I lost last week. Oh well! Do you realize it is time to once again plan for the tax day and start collecting that pile of supporting paperwork. Gee, with New Year’s Eve approaching, I wonder hat resolutions I can make so I can have something to break in January 2007.

Upcoming Events:
28 – Polish up the Baseball bat and practice saying “no.”
31 – New Year’s Eve party
3 - #2 Birthday – 21st isn’t that old? Time for a beer belly?
11 - #1 Birthday – 25th now that is ancient .. He may even have grey hair now.

#1: Battening down for another snowstorm. Imagine, he left this beautiful 60 degree weather for that. Maybe he has found a snow bunny to keep him warm.

#2: Chomping at the bit to get his new computer on order. He has already changed his mind from what he decided on earlier this week. Shall we try for 4 times?

Star: Will be here in a few days when she finishes tying all the loose ends together. I think she just wants to keep me waiting ... but I won't beg.

Princess: Oh the travails of boy friends. I guess we now will start riding that roller coaster. I wonder how many she will go through before Mr. Right shows up. 100? The 2-day sleep over has ended. What excitement that 5 young ladies generate. We now have several "new colored" towels to use following the latest hair coloring adventure. They even wanted to color mine ... what a waste of dye.

Toy: sorting life out after sending the Fiancé for a cold shower and a long walk. I think it was the right move though trying to explain a hunch is very hard. We had a long talk while Princess was pining over "babe". I some times wonder why they want to grow up so fast; I always thought being a kid is fun. Perhaps we as a society have failed by forcing our kids to be an adult too soon. Could that explain the 45% divorce rate ... married too soon?

No comments: