Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas - Part 2

Hope Everyone had a great Christmas and will have a even better New Year. I will.

I am still amazed at how some people operate their computers. By the way, the servers still give me fits as the bugs are slowly ironed out. Usually, the server gets wrung out for a few weeks before it is ever put into action. But I didn't have that luxury. Today, the main backup server decided to crap out so that is what I am working on now. The chuckles these people provide still continue. Someone complained their Internet didn't work. I fixed the problem and told them it was good. They replied no it isn't. It still has that error screen on the monitor. So I clicked a button and all was good once again. "What did you do? I clicked on the REFRESH button. Oh, I would have never thought of that, I am not the techie type." Another one! "Come and fix my mail. "After you fixed the server my mail folders are gone." So I checked the program, clicked once and the folders all appeared. "What did you do? I clicked on the plus sign by the mail folders icon. Oh, you really know your computers." Yet another one! Someone else informs me that the operators are not techie types and the engineer should fix things and let them focus on creative things. (Yeah, right, like surf the internet or generally pound their pud. Then later that day they come to me "can you record the show @ 3 pm for replay at 7pm? Do I look like a creative type? People want a paycheck and don't want to do anything for it. At times you just want to run and get away from the whole mess. I say "automate the whole lot" and get rid of the "creative ones."

Today is the big 31. Anniversary, that is. I can only wish I was referring to my age.

I can't imagine what Christmas would be like without all the kids. Just watching their faces and listening to their excitement was great. Though maybe 12 kids would be a bit much. It would be fun if my newly married daughter had 12 kids. Then I could try it out and if it didn't work out I could just move away. Sounds good to me.

Wild Mom: fighting plumbing problems.

#1: is in his new apartment. Now comes the problem of furniture. Sleeping on an air mattress will get old. Remember those days?

#2: Same old Same old.

Star: heading our way for a long visit. Can't wait.

Princess: Sweetie, Honey .... Hey there! That sounds like someone with a boyfriend. Time to polish the baseball bat and get it ready for some Boy friend attitude adjustment. Attitude like "your hands stay on yourself", "those lips best be puckered to kiss your mom" and "any intentions in your mind best be in the future ... like 6 years from now."

No comments: