Sunday, December 03, 2006

Salt Mines -- Here we come!

Well, the new week stares me fully in the face. The weekend is never long enough to do what I want to do. Bowling was good. The youth team finished second. The evening team went 5-2 and should move up to 2nd or 3rd.

22 days till Christmas and not all the wish lists are in to us. Guess they don't want anything. Anyone else want the leftover presents?

Wild Mom: Doing well just running short of money. They should be getting ready to fly over to Germany soon. She only has a little over a week left.

Lady: Also wishes the weekend could be longer. She did manage to bake some cookies with M&M's in them. There goes the diet the Doctor wanted me to start.

#1: Got his new phone. He is getting a good dose of snow and cold weather. For me, give me the warm weather.

#2: Spent most of the weekend gone and when he was here he was asleep downstairs. I guess I am too much of a social person to spent that much time alone or asleep. As I have gotten older I find the family time more special and something to look forward too. I am so tired of hearing that blasted alarm clock constantly beeping. The next time I will take the baseball bat by the door and beat the crap out of it. :(

Starr: I wonder if she is ready to move again? What she needs is someone to sneak down there and check out her new guest bedroom. Plus Lady is ready to see some more wedding pictures. Will I recognize her or has her hair changed again. Doesn't matter though because we love her. :)

Princess: Nothing new. She left Friday night and returned late Sunday night, spending the whole weekend at the fire station. :(

Eskimo Boy: Had someone rearrange the rear end of his car. He is fine. He spent the weekend chatting on line.

Lew: It is amazing how a 3 year old develops an attitude. One minute he is defiant and the next so cute. Life is never boring. We just love it when he stuffs tools in his pants and runs around calling himself "Builder Bob." The walls of this house will never be the same after his efforts.

***************

All this week I listened to the local media brag about how vulnerable the Falcons were and how the Redskins would use this to start their Playoff run. The bragged how the Falcons, Giants, Phillies were prime to be beat by this surging Redskins Team (They had won 1 game). Well, after their 24-10 whipping ... I am waiting for their next attempt at bragging. Admit it. The 2006 Redskins are a losing team and look very bad in losing. What they need for 2007 is to get rid of the whole lot of them and get some people who really want to play.

Congrats to the Florida Gators. Despite the crookedness of the BCS committees, you get a chance to prove yourselfs. Playoffs are the way to go. But the Committee won't allow it because it would mean the end of the "Good ol Boy" system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you Daddy!