Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas - Part 1

Well, it is about time I wrote a word or two. Starting last Tuesday the wheels came off the skateboard. At work the server crashed big time (after some 9 years). What timing! So after about 35 hours, I went home and snagged about 4 hours sleep then headed back to fine some knucklehead opened an attachment that contained a virus. So not only did I get to rebuild a server, I have the joy of getting rid of a virus from about 60% of the computers. Sure wish I could fix "stupid". What a Christmas present.

Finally about 1 PM on Saturday, I just left and came back this morning to finish up. Then the Holiday kicked in. Friday night was a super party with friends, Saturday was Mexican Food then shopping. Sunday was Church, shopping, and Christmas Eve service. At the service, as we sang Silent Night my thoughts turned to Dad and I was tired by time Christmas day came around.

It was a great day. I talked with all my kids. Spent the day with four of them and loved every minute. So what did my perfect Christmas present have in it? A phone call to Wild Mom to her her say "I love you." A kiss from Lady. Three long phone calls from #1, Star and Blue. Plenty of hugs from Princess, Toy, Critty. And a "thanks Dad" from #2. With Lew sprinkling everything with "I love you Pap Paw and that squeezing hug." See I am a simple person who wants nothing more than being with his family. Those gifts will last for ever and bring back memories long after the words grow silent and the hugs wear off.

On the present's scene, It was mostly clothes and some tools. Heaven forbid I run out of clothes and have to run around nekkid.

No comments: