Monday, December 18, 2006

Whew!!

This past weekend was a blur. Wild Mom left about Midnight on Friday to head for home. I did my best to convince her not to sneak out of town. But she is home now and glad to be there. Saturday was Choir Practice as we prepared for Sunday Night. Lady's work Christmas Party was Saturday night with us getting back home after midnight. Yes we pooped out but when the guys started dressing up in dresses, used toilet plungers as microphones, sang "I am Woman" and did it without being drunk ... well, it was time to leave. As usual between the snacks and the meal we overstuffed. Sunday was also a world wind as we had ate breakfast at our usual place, Sunday School, Church, Choir Practice, Youth Bowling Awards, pre-bowled our Sunday Night league, had another choir practice and ended it with the Christmas Program. Lady and I finally dragged in from the weekend about 11 pm.

Work continues to be a laugh a minute as we watch the corporate weenies try and run the company. Somehow incompetence keeps ringing in my ears. Nothing more like a joke than a Lawyer playing at being an Engineer. Maybe I need to get some "flight-line", then stuff some "Grid-Leak Bias" up the Kazoo with a "Di-pole" and tie it off. That is after he goes on a FOD walk after filling his "plate with current and topped off with some Flux." That just might work.

The Christmas Program was a smashing success as the place was literally packed. I was happy for my part with 3 kids there, 2 out-of-town, and 2 missing in action. For the three that made it ... it means a lot to me for that day I found the perfect Christmas present ... and it was you. Only as you grow long in the tooth do you realize the importance of "family" at this time. I would take "family" over any present in the world.

Well, congrats to the Redskins in their win. I was impressed as they won a hard fought meaningless game that had no pressure to make them choke at the most critical time.

Even the Wizards won as they beat a team they could never beat (0-12) ... it helps when your opponent's three best players sit out. Performance like that will win the Championship ... just ask The Redskins.

1 comment:

Admin said...

nice blog..wish u a merry christmas..