Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Quick Thoughts

Well, it is funny how time changes things. I sure wish I was on the cruise because it is a lot warmer down there. Come on lady Luck and pick my lottery numbers!

Another wish on my list came true as Jessie showed up on Saturday to spend the day with us. It was an enjoyable surprise to see her and to know she is doing well. Of course she showed us her engagement ring so that will mean a trip to her wedding later this year.

Work continues to be fun but hard and long hours. There seems to never be a shortage of things to do.

After much shoe horning, a few words appeared on the website as new stories were posted. Now I just have to figure out where they will lead.

67 Days till Corpus Christi!! This will make my 16th year. A couple of guys who bowl with me will celebrate their 25th this year. Looks like I will celebrate my 20th in Reno .. Anyone say party time??

***** *****

Weren’t there a lot of bad or missed calls this year by the NFL referees? I guess I will need to get a new prescription so I won't see the interception that didn't happen or the false start that no one saw. Are we trying to regulate the game so much that we don't let them play anymore?

I see Mayor Nagin ( http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/17/nagin.city/ ) continues his journey into fantasy. I am curious how he gets away with some of his sayings (chocolate city). Anyone else would have been railroaded out of town as a racist. If we want to celebrate Dr. King's memory then let’s start playing on a level field, forget the past and make our own future based on how we relate to each other now.

No comments: