Sunday, January 29, 2006

Boom, Pow, Zap

This weekend has continued to go downhill. We missed the Mexican food. I can't remember the last time we missed it when we were in town. That was because Lou got sick (as in barf) as we were getting ready. He had done that earlier in the week, so not wanting to tempt fate we stayed home. Would you believe it, he never got sick again the rest of the weekend. Then I had an argument with a good friend over something that for the most part was miscommunications on both sides.

To add insult to injury, another friend opened their mouth when the better part of common sense should have ruled and kept it shut. I just don't like people putting words in my mouth when I kept mine shut. Am I mad .. No .. Just disappointed and feeling alone. Is this medium worth all the issues it brings? I doubt it but the few friends somehow counterbalance it, at least enough to drag me back occasionally. It is interesting how over time we have gone from RP every possible moment we can spare to almost feeling obligated to show up and then trying to make the exposure as short as possible.

Bowling did go fairly well but concentration was erratic. Concentration is the difference between the really good scores and the just average ones. Concentration is the missing a spare and losing as to picking the spare up and winning, it was that close. Next week I bowl against the two young ladies I have coached for the last year or more. That should prove interesting. Teacher vs. Student. --- wax on .. wax off.

After a long week of short nights, my knight server has been upgraded and everything squared away. The old server lasted 3 months short of 8 years. It never grew bigger than a Pentium 200. They don't make them as good as the old ones anymore.

This week I will be in New Jersey for a Radio Systems demonstration. That should prove interesting, as it will give us some great ideas for the three new studios we are building later in February. What scares me is going that deep into Yankee territory.

8 weeks till Nationals in Corpus Christi, TX.

No comments: