Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Oh Well

Well, time continues to move along and the first month of 2006 is drawing to an end. I wonder if it is too soon to start planning the next cruise? The knight.blackhawke.net server is back up after a short vacation and a total makeover. Now the work begins for me as I migrate a few things to the server.

Locally, there was a case where an eight year old boy took his father’s gun to school and accidentally shot a seven year old girl. What baffles me is that the State Attorney said they were charging the boy and that would get him in the State’s system and get him the help he needed. Well, based on my past experience with dealing with #1’s problems when he was less than 14 years old, the State Attorney had no idea what he was saying. When we were dealing with similar problems the State actually said “we aren’t equipped to deal with a child less than 14. That is why they usually get released by the courts back to the parents.” From firsthand knowledge, the State is poorly setup for dealing with young kids. The Boy’s Group Home had a minimum age requirement of 14. The Juvenile Detention wouldn’t accept him less than 14. They said he was supposed to be released to his parents or another foster family. We had to revert to private sources and agencies to get #1 the help he needed. I hope the State Attorney wakes up soon and see that his staff and the State’s Family Services is a major waste of taxpayer’s money. So don’t arrest the 8 year old under the guise of helping him. All they will do is get him raped in some state facility. And that is a fact I know of first hand.

Isn’t it wonderful how the Oil Companies are slipping the gas prices higher and the general populace doesn’t realize what is happening much less raise a stink over it. Cool off the Congressional inquiry into Price Gouging by lobbyist pressures and then keep any profit forecasts out of the news and boom, the price slides closer to $3.00 a gallon. Seems the Automotive Companies would get serious and force the price down so they could unload the growing lots of monster gas guzzlers. The local government thinks mass transit is the way to get around. Hey, mass transit is very poor outside of the close in metro area. And I keep hearing how the metro rail is reaching capacity and don’t have the funds to expand service. Talk of an outrage! Then they fire their CEO after one year on the job and guess what happens? The man gets a guaranteed annuity of $106,000 a year for the rest of his life and then his wife gets $53,000 a year when he dies. Excuse me, where can I get a job where I work one year, get fired and get such a sweet retirement package. Heck, Union workers don’t even have it that good.

A new one I just heard, veterans who don’t have a service related disability can’t get care at the VA hospital any more. Their way of screwing those who served but weren’t called on for the ultimate of sacrifices. Makes me wish I had stuck a screwdriver in my leg and then receive a purple heart so I could get the medical care they promised me 30 years ago. They want to penalize those who tried very hard to take care of themselves.



8 weeks to Tournament Time.

***** *****

No comments: