Monday, January 09, 2006

First Thoughts of the New Year

Well, I must transition back into normal life and let the relaxing and fun world of vacation slip back into my memories where it belongs.

Between the three couples, we took some 500+ pictures and hopefully I will get a small website setup to display them in the very near future. The weather was great (81-86 degrees) and the food unbelievable (the pounds did show up .. the shirt was tighter). Of all the stops I really enjoyed Tortola BVI. We ended the cruise with a horse drawn carriage ride through old town Charlestown South Carolina.

Though I am late, I wish everyone a happy New Year and I pray it is prosperous for you. What would I wish for the New Year (not in any particular order)?
  1. Another year with my Dad.
  2. #1 and #2 get a job and mature.
  3. As radiant and beautiful as my wife was on the formal night during our cruise, I wish to see her like that more this year.
  4. Paul returns to a productive life.
  5. To see Jessi and know she is safe.
  6. Continued to be blessed with the countless memories that Lou provides as he grows up.
  7. Another year of challenging writing and interaction with my RP partner.
  8. To be able to renew a friendship with some of those involved with the disastrous meltdown in our RP world this year. Let us "agree to disagree" but put friendship in front of our personal ideals. For I truly miss those times we RP'd as friends.
One thing I did miss was the news. Our source was limited (CNN) and not very good. But from what little we saw things were still just as crazy.

***** *****

  1. Pat Robertson - how many times will he allowed to spout his blurred vision of a Christian before some one stops him or he has to suffer some consequence for his actions and words?
  2. Marcus Vick - another spoiled brat who thinks jumping to the NFL after blowing his college career will help. Though it is sad that the lure of dollars will cloud the owner’s minds and they will draft him and pay him millions only to reinforce his spoiled brat mentality. I could only wish the NFL would ignore him for two years and let him grow up some. At least the time would allow him to further humiliate himself and then the NFL would realize they have another Terrell Owens on their hands.
  3. Speaking of brats ... Shawn Taylor ... he makes millions and they only fine him $17K. Talk about a butt kiss. Once again the dollar sets the standard and it is pretty low. Let me spit in my coworkers face and I know it will cost me in excess of $60K .. Because my butt would be fired .. New server project or not. So why should I be penalized more? Because I am no "sports hero?"
  4. CNN continues to amaze me as for a couple of days all I saw was continuous and uninterrupted coverage of the Sago Mine disaster, Ariel Sharon, and Oklahoma City fires. Didn't anything else happen in the world?

No comments: