Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bubba's Road trip - Day 1

 
Well, Bubba is off and running again. This time I am heading for Reno and my 23rd National Tournament. I have done this so much now that nothing comes as a surprise.  My day started early as I went to work to finish up some last minute tasks.  Lunch was at our usual Chinese restaurant on Glebe Road. Then it was off to Union Station and the train.  Sitting in the ACELA Lounge was very relaxing.  Sometimes when I sit in the coach class waiting area, the panhandlers are always trying to touch you for some money or help.  Riding along the Potomac with a light snow falling was beautiful.  As usual AMTRAK's steak dinner was delicious and when topped off with ice cream and coffee, well, I am ready to just chill out and sleep some. Not that I haven't already been doing that.  Cat naps are the order of the day for the next couple of days.  Yes mom, they did have "Death by Chocolate." Too bad I am not a chocolate fanatic or I would have got it and told you how great it was!

My God moment today was while I was eating.  The two ladies sitting with me were talking about life. One Lady said she missed her friend who had recently died.  The other lady recited the first verse of the song "Precious Memories." Not long after that a comment was made about the Potomac River and the Lady recited the first verse of "Peace like a River."  The whole meal was interspersed with song lyrics.  She worshipped God by reciting his praises in song.  My thought was of David and how he used the Psalms to voice his feelings to God.  To me it was a blessing as I listened to her recite these verses.  I pondered this way of worshiping God as I know a lot of times we don't praise him because we can't sing good much less carry a tune, but we can recite the words because most songs are scripture based.  So my evening ended of a high note as my mind reviewed the many songs I had rumbling around in my mind.


2 comments:

A New Beginning.. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A New Beginning.. said...

Sounds like your getting some relaxing time in, that's good, you don't relax enough, and I want some of that death by chocolate!! Travel safely Daddy, I love you :)