Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bubba's Road Trip - Day 5


Let's see ... I finished Thursday night with a steak dinner at Sterling's.  It was great but I don't know if I could say it was better than Cagney's. But it is close!  The rest of the night till I packed it in was consumed by people watching. I sat on a bench and had several chuckles as people walked by.  Some staggered, some strutted their stuff because they were vain and others did it because it was for sale.It sometimes is mind boggling what people will wear or barely wear in public.  I needed no imagination to see what they had.One guy amazed me because he had a beer belly that hung lower than his shirt and pants that rode about lower than his red hearted shorts.  So finally I climbed into bed around 1 in the morning only to listen to neighbors arguing and loudly berating each other. After 15 minutes, security was called and they were shut up.

Friday morning was a lazy morning as I didn't get up till almost 9 am.  I walked over to Circus Circus to have breakfast at the Americana Restaurant.  About noon, I dragged my gear to the Stadium and started the mental prep for our 3 pm squad time.  The ganged finally showed up late as they always do with 3 new faces.  They were people I had bowled with a long time ago in California but this was their first time at Nationals.  The only sad note was Gerald had to dropout at the last minute because of a stroke.  He is ok but a stroke at 38?  I hope he changes his life or this maybe he may never bowl again.  All the rest of the guys were the same just a year older.  Don got his twenty year pin this year. I managed to win 2 of the 3 games between us and stay close to my average.  The 2014 tournament is here next year and my 25th consecutive is still scheduled for 2015 in El Paso Texas.  Can't wait.  After bowling I spent a little time talking to the guys at Visionary Bowling Products looking at the new stuff.  Finally, with the "goodbye's" and "see ya next year", I headed for a Chinese dinner at the Silver Legacy.  Should have got the steak!  


Oh well, it is early to bed as the morning bowling shift starts a 7 am and I have to be packed and ready to go before that.  And then it is time to come home.

1 comment:

A New Beginning.. said...

YAY!! I'm glad you are having fun, but can't wait until you get home, drove by Kline's and they are open, and we all should hit there soon!