Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bubba's Road Trip - Day 3


Breakfast in Denver or rather as we approached Denver.  Quiet night and sleeping on the bottom bunk was much nicer. Though trying to dress for a bathroom break in the middle of the night was a challenge when you don't have a lot of room, it is dark, and you really have to go!  The morning excitement was the heart attack the Snack Bar operator had as we approached Denver. Last we head as we left Denver was he was ok and being tested at the hospital. We headed into the mountains only to lose an hour as we had to wait for track maintenance to clear the track ahead of us.  It is amazing how the area is being developed as witnessed by the number of houses being built all over the mountainside.  I was expecting more snow and wildlife but so far it hasn't happened. Most of the wildlife has been small critters and a herd of deer.  Someone has started up a Alpaca farm near Winter Park Co. Those animals should do fine in the 6500+ altitude and snow.  Lunch was interesting and not very conversational as it was with 2 deaf ladies.  Getting their attention to pass something was an adventure.  I have been eating my cup of vanilla Hagen Daz every meal.  By the end of the trip I will be spoiled and developed a habit.  Saw a large Bald Eagle sitting in a dead tree watching for unsuspecting prey. They are so beautiful to look at.  Just passed a massive flock of turkey's near Glenwood Springs CO.  I lost count an 40.  Good thing the Eagles were a few mile back!   Today as we roll through the mountains I keep thinking of the song "How Great Thou Art."  The sights are something to behold.  Luckily no one opened the connecting doors as we went through Moffat Tunnel.  There seems to always be one knuckle head that opens the doors between the cars and lets the fumes in as we go through the 6 mile tunnel.  Looks like we have crossed the mountains, so the speed picks up and the bushes fly by.

Well, dinner was extremely interesting and at the same time sickening.  My steak was great but that is where it ended.  My dinner partners were a Mormon, someone who learned and felt more religion on their own and a guy who was a Eastern Religion believer.  What I heard those three agree upon and decide what was right was enough to make one say "enough."  Basically, if you ate meat, used vitamins, and trusted your doctor's to prescribe medicine then you were doomed.  Being a vegetarian, using natural organic herbs and using mantras to focus yourself was the way to go.  Then the hogwash really got deep.  Did you know the Church is intentionally repressing you to a state of a child so that you can never reached the highest state of "I am God."  The enlightened ones believe being God is the ultimate.  He believed if I have a strong faith then I was a strong child for faith is something only children use.  Therefore I missed the level of adulthood because I never gained the "knowledge that transcends faith." Then he compared the Holy Ghost to a dirty mirror therefore all we see or feel is illusions.  Also that the Holy Spirit was female since the Bible said God and Jesus were man and the female balanced the trinity.  So needless to say when I stated my "This I believe" they cleared out.  Did I accomplish anything ... no ... but at least the people around me heard the truth and surprisingly I heard a few amens!  Surely these are the end times because all manner of lies will be accepted as truth.  So now I must find a way to fall asleep for my mind is whirling with God's truths.

1 comment:

A New Beginning.. said...

The audacity of some people is sickening, I can't believe some people, but I guess sometimes you are a product of your raising. I miss you already and hope you are relaxing, don't get too spoiled being away from all of us! I love you!