Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bubba's Road Trip - Day 7


New day and the rails keep on clacking away.  I must of been tired for I didn't even budge until 7 am when the PA announced the first call for breakfast. I usually make the 6:30 breakfast.  Breakfast this morning was shared with a gentleman who was a screen writer. His new movie he is writing is scheduled for release in the Fall of 2014. Wonder if I could get written in as the lead male actor?  I would be a cinch for the Oscar then.  Ha! One young mom learned a lesson this morning about taking her small daughter (maybe 4) into the dressing room with her. Her daughter asked a million questions about their body differences not realizing their voices carried quite well.  I laughed so hard as mom gave a detailed explanation for some simple questions. Sometimes being brief is a good thing! The scenery is beautiful as we enter the mountains with a light snow.  A herd of deer, pheasant, rabbit, eagle and mustangs are the highlight so far.  The wind near Grand Junction whipped up the snow enough to make it look like a whiteout.  The ground has already turned white (about 30 minutes).  Another late spring snow?  It is funny seeing the snow coming down and a trout fisherman standing in the Colorado River fly fishing. Lunch was once again shared with some Iowa State fans.  Is the train full of them?  These weren't so happy as their team had just lost. During lunch we made our stop at Glenwood Springs CO., and 100 skiers got on.  So now this train is full. The ride through the mountains was fun ... more snow since I was last here.  As we came down the mountain into Denver, I saw a very large Elk standing on the ridge line.  He was huge and there were 2 others standing nearby.  I ate dinner as they pulled into Denver. My dinner partners were just vacationers ... no more basketball fanatics.  Now we start the flat portion of the trip through the Plains.  Good thing it is dark ... I can sleep through Nebraska and Iowa. We should be in Omaha by breakfast.

No comments: