Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bubba's Road Trip - Day 8


A new week and I am heading for Chicago and should be there after lunch.  Last night ended with a long discussion with a young couple from Lincoln NE. They are in the process of relocating to Ft Carson CO.  He was medically retired from the Army at the age of 24.  He is involved in investing and trying to make his first million.  He is investing and banking heavily on the legalization of Marijuana on a national scale.  I wish them luck. Looks like we are staying just on the heels of the snow storm.  Every now and then the snow kicked up by the train causes a whiteout in my window.  Making visibility of the great flat farmland hard.  I would hate to miss the once in a lifetime and rare photographic moment ... an ear of corn sprouting forth!  We arrived in Chicago about 75 minutes late.  Most of the lost time was due to malfunctioning switches due to snow and ice.  At the metro lounge AMTRAK's wireless was messed up and I was unable to post some of the blogs, check email, or upload my fitbit for the last few days.  But finally after a 30 minute maintenance delay we were off and headed for home.  This must be the Disney version of the train because there are lots of kids on this train.  You really have to watch out as they come flying down the hall way.  Of course there have already been several bumps and bruises. I had my normal dinner fare (steak and baked potato and ice cream) and shared the table with a railroad buff.  He gave me some great tips for getting the most out of the train system.  I guess I should write a few of them down so I won't forget them.  I wish they would shift the schedule for I always do the Chicago to Pittsburgh leg in the dark.  It would be nice to see the area but then again, what is good about Pittsburgh?

No comments: