Friday, February 15, 2013

Great Adventure - Reflections


Looking back to the last few weeks, I would have to rank this cruise as one of the best.  The weather was absolutely fabulous.  Sunny skies, warm weather (85-89 degrees), no rain and extremely calm seas made the cruise a pleasure.  I loved Ocho Rios, Jamaica and the tour we did was one for the memories.  It was my first time in Jamaica and while my expectations were high ... every one of them were met.  Being there on Bob Marley's birthday was a special moment also.  I loved the introductions of the guests.  Every time they queried an oriental they always claimed to be from Toronto Canada.  Did the Far East have a relocation effort to Canada?  One of the constant laughs came from these Can-Asians was the constant posing and posturing for pictures. They would do their photo sessions with no regard to other guests and the fact they were blocking the aisles.  The food was great, especially Cagney's Steakhouse.  If I had the money, I would go there every night ... but the budget won't handle it and the waistline wouldn't either.  The two other specialty places we ate were ok but not to the level of making a very memorable impression like Cagney's. As usual the crew talent show was fantastic.  I wish I had some of that talent.  My only regret would have to be not getting enough sun time on the upper decks.  I guess I will have to cut out some other activities and make the time to catch a few more zzz's in the sun.

Stopping by mom's house on the way home was nice.  Yeah, it added some time to the trip but the easy and non-caring thing would have been to head straight home.  Life is too precious and moments to special to pass them by.  Happy Birthday Mom ... I wish it could have been more.  Thanks Carl and Paul for riding along and indulging in my whims.

Thank You to our sailing buddies as they made it special.  The laughs, jokes, sharing of experiences and dreams are special and forever locked in my thoughts.  It isn't a matter if I would do it again with them but one of when and how soon is the next cruise.

To my wife ... all I can think of is super, fantastic, special, tremendous, awesome, emotional, tender and a whole lot of other adjectives.  As we looked at God's wonders and handiwork, I saw her and thought ... it is a double blessing to have her in my life.

I wish all the kids could realize how great these memories of time spent together could be.  Usually we wait till it is too late and then forever rue the lost times.





So once again another great vacation come to an end.
 

No comments: