Thursday, March 01, 2007

Who's Fault is it? ... Yours

Well, were do I start? This has been a busy week and it is nearly over.

Wild Mom is packing up a storm. She will now get a chance to see the new great grandkid in Mormonville on our way to Reno. There are barely 10 days before she gets up here to start that journey.

Lady is about over with her cold. Her work has been quiet and this week they celebrated the Boss’s birthday.

#1 is doing well and getting ready for his first overnight guest.

#2 has finished the driving lessons and awaits the real test. Now we have to get him so driving time. I wonder if the doctor will give me a few sedatives to help me through this process. A job interview is on the schedule for tomorrow.

Starr starts her new job tomorrow. 6 am comes very early so that means I will get to see more of her in the evenings now. She has her Fire Station pager and some of her gear. Just what I need at home, the constant beeping of … 2 pagers.

Princess is getting over her headaches. It looks like sinus congestion was the culprit. That was a by-product of running out side too many times without shoes. She has a new puppy but I cannot see the pictures of it since she posted them on MySpace and I am not one of her friends. It is hard to get on her good side and be her friend.

It is quiet on all the other fronts.

###############################################

This week a young boy died of a toothache. You heard it right, a toothache. It was abscessed and infected and when it reached the brain, the poor child had no chance. Even the $250,000 effort by the Hospital and paid for by Medicare was not enough. The mother could not pay the $80 extraction bill. Therefore, she blamed the Government and Health care system for messing up since she was on welfare and did not have the insurance to have the work done. I see this a little different.
  • I agree the Health care system in America is screwed up royally. The weak politicians in Washington do not have the balls or boobs to fix it. Why? Because of money, … money they get in lobbyists and benefits.
  • Medicare should be scrapped. No wonder they are going broke. They think spending $250,000 is a good deal if it saves them $80. They are running that place as a “for profit” business and could care less for the people as long as they get their share of the money.
  • The mother should be investigated for abuse or neglect. She could not come up with $80? I think what happened was she just blamed the Government and Health System and then just let the child die from the infection. Instead of doing anything to get help she resorted to the blame game and “poor me.” I find it hard to think she could not find a church to help her. The media has all kinds of help lines. Call them and let them pressure Medicare or the church community for lack of support. Nobody in her church thought of paying the $80? Some Christians! We wonder why people leave the church.

Springtime is here and it must be time for Big Oil to pay bonuses because they have quietly slipped the price of gas back up to a ridiculous price level. What is funny is that they did it with out the public crying out. But then again John Q. Public is usually asleep at the horn switch.

I love how the Nationals are praising their pitchers for doing so well in spring training. As bad as the Nationals bats were last year even I could have less than a 1.00 era against those characters. See what happens when you go up against a mediocre team and forget going against a good team. Yes, Yes, Yes, I realize this is a rebuilding year yet again. Let us be a rebuilding team for the next 20 years and our expectations can be so low even the Nationals can meet them. I just wish the ticket prices reflected the team ability. I would rather spend $4 to see a good minor league team than what I have to pay to watch the Nationals error their way to a losing season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daddy,
I dont have pic of the puppy on myspace! You need to add me! i thought u deleted your myspace!
I love you!!
~Princess