Saturday, March 31, 2007

Adventure - Recap

Well, the “Most excellent adventures of Bill and Friends” is nearly over. I am waiting at the airport for the plane ride home. I have enjoyed this trip a lot. It was both tiring and relaxing. Sometimes it challenged me both physically and emotionally but the fun was never diminished in the least.

As I drove Wild Mom home I was reminded how different life is here in the backwaters of life. I saw a man swinging on a swing that was hanging from a branch of a large oak. He was asleep and his paper was blowing across the yard. It looked like a coffee cup was hanging from his sleepy fingers. This was Noon and I wonder what the afternoon had in store for him. More of the same? The urge not to return to the rat race is burning strong. It is not that I do not like life up there but I feel I am missing so much life down here. I am missing the simple things. Things that are sacrificed to cut the commute shorter work longer or squeeze that extra event into the schedule. I know the kids would hate this pace but oh, what memories they would have when they too tired of the rat race called life.

Over the next few days, I hope to catch up with my blogging and get, those many questions answered that are lurking in my inbox. However, for now, I have 5 hours to be mellow before reality descends and I am dragged screaming however silently, back into the race.

No comments: