Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Soap Box 101

Today was not a fun day. From the very start, I had to deal with the attack of the idiots. They were in rare form. I will never understand their logic. One of the web developers screws up the archives and I get the blame. I fix their mess and the Bosses reply is “oh well, fix so it won’t happen again.” Well, fire their piddly arse and the problem is fixed. The system was broke on the 12th and fixed on the 13th. Tonight I get an email saying the archive for the 12th was broke. “Is there still a problem?” Well, duh, dye your hair black so you will not have another blonde moment. Right now, my motivation level is extremely low. If someone were to offer me a job paying 36K, I would go without thinking. Hell, I might go anyways. Just go to Reno and not go back to work. Lady is getting close to wanting to stop working too. Perhaps the stars are lining up for a major universal shift.

Wild Mom is just being lazy and saving her strength for the trip.

Lady is trying to get ahead at work and not having much luck.

#1 is running low on funds since Friday is payday. He got his first electric bill (about $180) and decided all non-essential stuff should be turned off. He has one cigarette to last 3 days. Sound familiar?

Starr is the same as usual.

Princess is finding that puppy ownership comes at a cost. Booger wants to play and she wants to nap. The puppy won! Do you love waking up to puppy kisses? We washed the kiss away this evening with a hot fudge sundae.

##### ##### #####

I loved hearing DC’s speeding cameras were broke, out of calibration, and in some cases even missing all together. Why would this surprise me?

When will they start firing some of the workers at Walter Reed Hospital? They were there and saw the mess. Did they raise the flag on the deplorable conditions? The bosses are not the whole problem. Perhaps some of the worker’s there had an “I do not care” or a “good enough for government work” attitude. I recollect that the boss depended on his subordinates to identify problems and if possible fix them on their on. Obviously, the workers subscribe to the same thought process I see at work every day.

I also see the District is outraged over the fact their gun law is being struck down. Well, the current law is so effective that the District has one of the nation’s highest murder rates, if not the highest. What does it matter if I am going to get 40 years if convicted that you tack on 5 years for using a gun? Make the punishment hurt. I say commit a crime with a gun and you automatically get Life with no parole if convicted.

No comments: