Monday, January 15, 2007

Who really cares and does it matter?

Ok, who stole the weekend? I heard it coming but never saw it get here. Needless to say, time just flew by this weekend. We did manage to find El Agave for Saturday dinner with some friends. Bowling was a mixed bag this weekend as the Youth team lost and the Sunday Night team won. Lew was with us and as usual he was a blur of activity and "what's that." He did get to meet the "trunk monkey" this weekend. I made sure not to show him the button that releases him from the trunk.

Work is frustrating and becoming less fun and more of a drudge. If the frickin web page doesn’t work (bad code) don't blame my email system. Some people are so dense they can't do wrong in their mind. I reset 13 mail accounts today. The people said they couldn't check mail and it was crucial to them in order to keep up with email from the boss. 5 of the accounts haven't checked email since SEPTEMBER 2006. The oldest was MAY 2006. So how in the blazes can it be crucial to them? I say get off your lazy butts and do your job you are being paid to do. I think I will quit working on the network, let it meltdown, and only focus on the crucial issues --- stupid crap dreamed up by little minds.

Lady went over the 40 hour mark this week and it isn’t a pretty scene. Won’t take too many of those and it is “retirement here we come.” WooHoo!

Wild Mom is dealing with water run-off and it gets frustrating at times getting something done about it. Guess I am going to have to make a trip down there and do it myself if possible. But the thoughts of the rest of the sonny-do list is frightful.

#1 is snowbound and loving it.

#2 comes and goes and waits anxiously for the new computer to come. But the bedroom mess must be cleaned up before that happens.

Star is still here and keeping life interesting. Her constant request is "can I have a Lizard?" Of course our visit to Petco on Saturday following dinner only whetted her appetite for one. Well, I could think of a few worse things for her to ask for. :) But I am getting good at saying "no" since I have had a lot of practice. Really, it is nice having her around. We know she misses hubby and wants to go there but we are stingy and want to keep her here for at least a while longer.

Princess is at the Fire House.

Congrats to the Saints, Bears, Colts and Patriots. I hope they finish in that order too.

I love the news story where the local government wants to force more housing and parking next to Metro Stations. They seem to forget it isn't the lack of housing, though more would be nice. The problem is the stupid cost .... Who can afford $750,000 for a 2 bedroom condo? Surely not half of the people here.

Heard parts of the story about the Duke case and the DA. Seems like the DA had an agenda to hide evidence, to the point of even lying about it. Perhaps his is one of the 4 strains of the mysterious DNA?

No comments: