Thursday, January 25, 2007

Quickie 103

Well, not much going on except work and more work. Some people get dumber and dumber. I am still amazed at how workers these days will ask you a question by email and include your boss in the addressee's. Are we so micro-managed that we must do that or are we wanting to make the other person look bad? If I were the manager, I wouldn't want to see that petty crap ... deal with it. before email, you had to type an extra copy or xerox it thus making it harder. Now you just add an address and sit back.

Wild Mom finally got the County to show up and see her water problem. Only time will tell now what they will do and how soon. My project is all planned and just waiting for our weekend to head down there.

Lady is still working and enjoying the commute. Not! She is already looking forward to March and our short vacation to Reno.

#1 found out the patch didn't work so well and it is back to Marlboro time. Work is still going good. I wonder how the furniture quest is going.

#2 finally got his new computer so we haven't seen much of him this week.

Star has been kinda of quiet the last few days and spending a lot of time with her sister. I guess time will tell me why.

Princess not only cleaned her room (finally) but rearranged it. It must be in a woman's genes to rearrange every time they clean. Is it that they move the furniture to cover the mess?

***** ***** ***** *****

My solution to the illegal immigrant and school problem is to charge every child to attend school. If it takes $2000 to teach them each year then charge them $2000. Then each year you claim that on your income tax and get a refund of the money. If you don't file because you aren't paying taxes ... then you don't get it back. The illegals pay for school and the legals get a free education. A similar plan could be used for medical expenses. I could tolerate the illegal immigrants being here and working if they paid their way (school, health, property taxes and such). But I don't like the fact they get free what I have to pay for.

If the military wants to ease manpower problems then change the 50% retirement to 30 years. I retired at 20 years and was only 38 years old. I felt I had a lot more to offer but the USAF pushed their early retirement crap. USAF ... you lose.

Bi-partisan cooperation ... all I have seen is Democratic strong handing, unmoveable positions, squabbling and nothing getting done unless it is a pet project of someone. Tackle the hard problems such as Social Security, Health care, Medications and a Balanced budget. We have already seen your non-action plan for Iraq and settling in to grouse about the Bush Plan instead of doing something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Daddy!