Monday, January 29, 2007

Is Rubbing Your Eyes Allowed?

Well, Monday starts rather early this week with a call from work at 06:18 am. After a while playing with printers and 3 cups of coffee, I sit here wide awake. Thank you God for allowing me to see the sunrise on Monday morning.

Bowling this weekend wasn't a fun time. The kids lost going 0-4 and the evening team went 2-5. What is a real pisser is that I had to bowl two people blind and that usually means "loss." Particularly, I am pissed at the person who was supposed to be there and wasn't. We gave away 20 pins automatically because of the blind scores and I lost the first two games by 30 pins each. We won the last by only 2 pins so that was a bit suspenseful.

On the church scene, they took a vote Sunday to allow the building to be used by another church startup. I was disappointed as we have the facilities being used everyday by numerous groups. I so dislike coming in on Sunday morning and finding all my tables and chairs removed from my classroom. It seems nothing is ever done about this problem except say "we are working on that." I prefer so see people step up and make a personal commitment (financially and time-wise) to the Church. But we lost 9-2. To me the best move was to have us step up and get involved and then offer our facilities to the NEW church as a gift and make their contribution more of a donation if they are able. If they are unable, then it is a gift from us to help them get started. Charge them rent or give them a gift ... which is more the Christian way?

This weekend I head for Florida for a workday at Wild Mom's unless the weather doesn't cooperate and we get rained out. Don't you just love the prospect of a 15.5 hour drive to end the week and the same drive back to start the week?

Saturday night was game night at the farm. As usual, I won. We did have a good time or at least I thought so. I guess the next time someone else (they claimed dibs on picking the game) will pick the game they think they can win at. But they don't realize I won the Base Championship at Udorn RTAFB playing that game. :) Victory is sooooooooo sweet.

Lady is trying to figure out what happened to her weekend. The week was so full and then the weekend just flew by before she could get everything done. Hmmm, dare I say "shove the job?"

#1 continues to work, play soccer and enjoy the snow. He is not having too much luck with the patch. Smoking is such a nasty habit to break once you start.

#2 is playing games when he is here. At least the room is partially clean ... what can you expect!

Star is having a bumpy road right now and she is tired of jiggling all the time. She wants to sign up as a volunteer firefighter/EMT at Station 16. Can I stand having 2 people as EMT's? I won't get into a long diatribe about this move. I will just wait and see. If anyone has a gizmo that will alert you when a tree is near, please forward it too me. A tree this weekend jumped out and attacked my van while Star was driving and the tree managed to mess up the rear taillight and some body metal. Those things are so dastardly. It attacked from the rear with no warning. She was ok while just sporting a new shade of red on her face.

Since Star and Princess are doing the same thing and basically hanging out with each other ... maybe I can just combine the comments about each of them. Saves some writing.

Princess ... ditto ... see above comments. Really, school is going well except for the math and while it has improved, it remains closer to the tail than the head. Yes, the room got rearranged again. Also the cry "puppy please" was resurrected. Speaking of puppies. I saw a cute one (Rottie/lab mix) at PETCO on Saturday and almost brought it home. But reason prevailed and we parted ways. Actually, it reminded me so much of JJ. That is my rottie that died a few years ago and I can't even tell you how much I miss her. After 16 years, JJ left a big hole. Even Lady J almost brought one home, German Sheppard, ... she was closer to doing that than me.

Lew was his usual self though he did pitch a few fits at the most inopportune times. I am getting too old for those games. But it takes just one hug and an "I love you" to reset your tolerance level until the next time.

No comments: