Friday, July 01, 2005

Daily Thoughts - VII

Well, I am back safe and sound from the sandy world of Florida. The computers replacement and setup went well except for the fact UPS lost one of them in shipping. So, now I get to plan another trip in July so I can finish the job.

The load of dirt turned out to be two loads. Gee, mom sure knows the value of getting all you can out of free labor. Get out the Ben-gay and ace bandage and have at it. We got the dirt for the most part spread out. Other “sonny-do” projects completed were tear down the old ramp to the porch, make the sputtering riding mower run once ok again with tires that had air in them, move the outside AC unit to a better platform, clean-up branches and assorted stuff that had accumulated on the property. So I guess all in all it was a successful venture. The return trip was long as we drove through the Smokey Mountains. But the drive was worth it as we ate dinner at The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

I only watched a total of 5 minutes of news these past few days so I can not think of any comments. Gee, maybe life would be so much better if we all avoided the news channels.

While at the Grocery, I did see where an Angel was killed by Lightening according to one of those well written news papaers. I was crushed by the thought of one dying. Curious thought, if angels are heavenly bodies, how can they die? Isn’t that like saying God was playing with a thunderstorm in the backyard and a bolt of lightening struck him, killing him? Oh well, another childhood fantasy just died.

No comments: