Friday, July 08, 2005

Daily Thoughts - VIII

Well, let me see where I can begin.

To the people of England – hang in there, those criminals will never beat us. I sometimes get mad because the Government won’t get serious in dealing with these terrorists. They, the government, speak out and blow off steam to get attention and get elected but when the bombs blow up; they just spout platitudes and go on their merry way.

I love it when a HIV/Aids free clinic can’t raise the funds needed to stay in business gets money given to them by the local governments. Why are you giving my tax dollars away like that? If people don’t care enough to donate why saddle the rest of us with the bill. What free stuff do I get as a result? I have to pay for all my medical care. Believe me; I struggle to make ends meet to pay those bills. I have yet to see any handouts come my way.

Supreme Court – Let’s get some none lawyer types in there to get a real perspective on life. Since when have lawyers been anointed to decide all life issues for Americans? There are many people out there that have a good grasp on life and can make some reasoned and logic choices. If they get stuck on a legal point, well duh, use one of the law clerks to help clarify it. Besides, not all cases require a pure legal disposition. Homosexuality, definition of marriage, Ethics and the role of God in our lives, basic rights of all people are value judgments based on common sense, morality and a sense of fairness. Why can’t a philosopher be Supreme Court Justice?

When will we wake up and deal with child predators. From what I am seeing any attempts to “rehabilitate them” is failing miserably. The sickening part is “our children are the ones at risk.” I guess until some adults feel the same fear and danger nothing will happen. Almost seems like we would rather shut it out than deal with an unpleasant subject. You say the predator has basic rights .. I say they lost them when they committed those heinous crimes and were convicted of the crime.

More to Come ......

No comments: