Saturday, June 25, 2005

Daily Thoughts - VI

Today has been fun. My son and a friend volunteered to help move a friend Saturday and Sunday. Well, the friend’s car broke, so I spent the best part of the morning driving them some 160 miles to where they needed to be. And that means 160 miles back. Well, now my tummy hurts and it is getting close to Pepto time.

Well, the computers are shipped and bags almost packed, as I get ready to head out Monday to Florida. Let me see, the sonny-do list is Fix two computers plus one laptop, fix the electricity in Dad’s workshop and good ole mom just had a load of dirt delivered Friday. That is a subtle hint I will be shoveling dirt in my free time.

Our church just had Vacation Bible School and I help my wife a little bit in the nursery class. I know now why I don’t want any young kids. Count them, there were 7-10 of them for 3 hours and I pray it will be a year before I experience that again. It will take me that long to recuperate. Man, does red clay dirt, ice cream, water balloons, and bubbles make a mess.

*****

I am sorry to hear that three children died needlessly in an awful accident. But I do have a few questions. Nobody heard them when they searched the interior of the car? Why was the broken car setting in the yard with the trunk open? If I had a refrigerator I would secure the door just for that reason. If it had been open wouldn’t it trigger something if it were then found closed? Why did the family wait 3 plus hours to call the police and then claim the police weren’t thorough enough to realize they were in the trunk? Yes the Police should investigate the whole response thing. But also, investigate the family too. Could someone wanted to get rid of the kids, trick them into hiding in the trunk as part of the game, give them 3 hours to succumb and them find them 2 days later. Perfect Crime? I am sorry but I do get a bit paranoid after the mountain of evidence that parents or close family commit most of the child murders / abductions. I won’t give the list but I believe you could count on two hands the recent cases.

*****

I love it today as Carter’s National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, commented of how bad Bush has conducted the Iraqi war. He and Carter did the most to tear down the Military when Carter was in office. Ziggy would rather hide than face facts, or has he grown up?

To our troops my prayers and unwavering support, I occasionally wish I could un-retire and go help them, but alas, I am a dinosaur from another era and accept my role as a prayer supporter.

PS: to all my close friends and associates, I got a new cell phone with my old number, but sadly, they discontinued my account with the old phone and then restarted it thus losing all my stored phone numbers. So if I don’t call you, it isn’t that I am mad or don’t want too but that I don’t have a number to call you. Call me.

No comments: