Monday, December 28, 2009

The Days After

Well, Christmas 2009 has come and gone. We are headed straight and fast towards 2010. I missed the Christmas Eve Service and being able to share it with my family and friends. Christmas Day was a great day spent with family and friends. The only downer was I was sick. From December 24-27, I spend almost all my time in bed or reclining when my breathing got bad. I am now back up and running with only minor left over effects. Christmas morning breakfast was as usual ... great. Breakfast Casserole and Fresh Fruit Salad, how can you go wrong? Me, Lady and AJ spent some fun time waiting for the older ones to wake up. Santa's gifts for the kids was a two part affair. AJ had our whole focus as he opened a mountain of gifts twice his height. Who says he isn't spoiled? The cutest part was his insistence to place each piece of torn wrapping paper in the trash bag before removing the next. That won't last long. We adults did not share gifts as we just spent the time together and watched the kids. The family meals and time sitting around snacking were special too me. We get lost in the gift part and lose the sharing time part. That made this Christmas very special and one to be remembered for a long time. Saturday, the second wave came as Lew and Lil Princess showed up to open their gifts. One word described that time ... Tornado. It was a blast as they opened gifts in a flurry of paper and played with each others and of course ... squabbled over the toys. Good estimate there was 3 kids with 15 new gifts between them and they still wanted to fight over just one. The Weekend ended with Church and the delayed Christmas Cantata. I would have to say from my stand point that this years Christmas was a very good one.

Bowling on Sunday was not a good time as #1 was absent and I was out of bed for the first time in 4 days. So my energy drained very quickly. Lady and I went to her workplace after bowling for their Holiday get together. It was nice, had good food and I saw people for the first time in a year.

#1 made two round trips to Myrtle Beach with his friend this past week. Peanut was invaluable in helping Lady get all the food, gifts and baking stuff ready. Star came over and called several times and just blended in to all the fun. It was great seeing her so happy. AJ, Lew, and Lil Princess made the whole place brighten up with their antics and unbridled excitement.

Wild Mom is excited as the Cruise is only 9 days away. Sailing anyone?

Other Family News: My brother had a heart attack on the 23rd and he is now home, feeling better and readjusting to life. A real good friend of ours and Wild Mom passed away after a long sickness, we will miss you Betty. My Aunt Madeline, age 97 passed away in her sleep Christmas Night. I have many memories of her and she will be missed.

No comments: