Friday, December 18, 2009

7 and Counting

One week to go till Christmas. Better yet, they are predicting 7-11 inches of snow this weekend and the temperatures will stay in the low 30's through Christmas. Result: A White Christmas ... the first in a long time. Many things are going on around the house and Church in preparation for Christmas ... so it is a bee-hive of activity. Yesterday, we received all our Cruise papers leaving only the packing and travel down there. As it grows closer the anticipation grows. Temps in the Mid-80's and sun, no work, and a lot of goofing off. Last night we were dreaming about a cruise to Australia in the near future. That would be awesome and such a dream come true. Would really be nice if Lady and I could retire by then and make it even longer and more special. This Sunday the kids have their pizza party to celebrate their season and get their trophies. I must not forget the camera as Lew will bowl and he will provide a lot of laughs and action shots. It dawned on me today that in 3 months is the National Bowling Tournament in Reno. This will be my 21st consecutive one. Seems like my first one in Toledo Ohio was only just a few months ago. Thinking back, we had just arrived in the Northern Virginia area and bought our house. So much has happened since that day ... good, bad, but for the greatest part an adventure. Yes, I wish a few things had been different, events and decisions, but they are memories to cherish for a life time.

Wild Mom is ready to go and I have all her cruise papers to bring to her next month. Sure wish she was here since she always wants a white Christmas. Lady is busy and enjoying the times. We seem to play a lot of Christmas music especially when the snow is falling. #1 and #2 have no change except #1's football team lost last night so his Friday morning is a rough one. Peanut run out of presents to wrap and is bored. School is great and she gets closer to graduating. Gee, just dawned on me she will be the first to finish college ... I mus plan something special. I can't wait to see the kids eyes when they see all the gifts and then open them. I have to remember not to let any smoke get in my eyes and give me blurry vision as they do. Would hate to miss it. Star is having fun and partying up a storm while she visits. She will be ready to go back to Atlanta just to rest.

I have thought of something to do as a special treat for my family and I must get to work at it now. Maybe I can have it ready by New Years. What I wish for the New Years will remain unspoken as I see if I can mentally will it to happen.

No comments: