Friday, May 16, 2008

God Squeezed Me so hard ... His love squirted out of my eyes

I ask myself "what really matters?" Sadly, only after you lose someone do we finally realize what we had. Then it is too late and many hours are consumed wishing we had it to do over. When my father died I mulled this same idea over and I feel then I made many changes. But now, I don't think I changed enough. It is like every day a loved one of yours that isn't told how much you love and appreciate them is a lost day. A lost chance to create a memory that will warm your heart when situations do keep you apart. I would venture to wonder just how much of a relationship you really have. If they mean something too you ... wouldn't they want some contact of even the shortest duration. I think of the "I will get back to you" or "we must do something soon" promises. For the most part they seem to mean ... "give me space and I might find time for you later."

  • Does it really matter if we disagree or is better to have just spent that time seeing each other standing there?
  • Does it really matter if we spend time together just drinking water or would it be better to always say "I will see you later."
  • Does it really matter if we say "I will call soon" or would just five minutes face to face create a memory.
  • Does it really matter if you say "I have to work, or I am busy, or catch me later or should we say "you are so important that I should drop everything and spend 5 minutes."
  • I guess what matters is how much do I value you as a person. That value comes from how I make or spend my time with you. But also, your time tells me your value of me. So in the end I guess what really matters is you and me ... do we matter at all.

No comments: