Friday, April 06, 2007

Hotter than a Greased Skillet

Easter week continues and there has been much to contemplate. The first question that got me going is “are you a Christian or a “real” Christian?” The second one was “what have you done with what Christ has done for you? The Thursday night service was great but I wish the first time I sing a song with the choir was not the first time I saw the song.

Another good thing about this week is that it is “Master’s Week.” Now I just have to find time to watch it on the Golf Channel. There is nothing like a good nap with the Master’s Tournament providing the background ambience. So peaceful.

The work fuse is getting shorter by the minute. I am getting very tired of being questioned and micro-managed. 4 hours before a show I am being questioned have I done what is needed to get the show ready. In one email (from the same person), I am asked if I am engineering the show and in another I am told I will be the engineer. Doesn’t this person know what they are deciding? Do they forget their decisions within 48 hours? This is reaching a point of being ridiculous. They call me 5 hours early (like 5:45am) to ask me “are you at work?” or “are you coming in today?” My normal shift starts at 11:30am. What is so hard about learning that the engineer’s hours are all over the place as we try to meet transmitter deadlines and a myriad of other deadlines they keep setting and then changing? The sad part is they have done this ever since I have been here. I feel like they are looking for an excuse to be rid of me or run me off. What is even wilder is another employee is openly screwing them with his time but when someone tried to stop it … they were shot down and told to leave that person alone. Perhaps it is time to call and report a case of favoritism, prejudice, or unfair labor standard. That would clear their eyes a bit. They even set deadlines for a new user computer setup 3 days before it is needed and then they send a glorified secretary to quiz me if the computer is ready. Florida in May is looking very good.

##### ##### #####

Good old Nationals are 3-1 in their pursuit of a 100-loss season. The sad part is the do not even look competitive. They are always playing from behind and that is a recipe for disaster.

Can you believe that Disney is allowing Gay couple to use the wedding suites? I did not know Florida now recognizes same sex marriages. On the other hand, has it become so that any two person’s regardless of age, sex, or sexual preference can book the rooms for anything they want to celebrate? Next, they will include hay and water for their special guests. Guess I need to add them to the list of places to avoid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you daddy! :)
~PrInCeSs

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is easter.. i just wanted to thank my daddy for being the best daddy in the world.. :-) thanks for wonderful day bowling daddy!!
~Princess