Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Short Note

Today was a bit rough. I didn't have to go to work because of the ice storm so I was able to stay home. We survived the storm with no accidents. Well, perhaps a few bruised tushes when they forgot about the ice on the ground. With it being a snow day the kids were home also. Nothing like a day spent with bored kids with nothing to do. They asked for the day off (actually they begged for God to make the weather) and then were bored. I never got "snow days" when I was in school nor did I ever get "teacher planning days" either.

Today was the One year anniversary of Dad's passing. I just really didn't have a lot of get up and go. I think I thought of him at least once every hour. I think of the days when we didn't say anything to each other because we were too busy or preoccupied with something else and went our own ways. Now I would give anything to have those days back. Just a few days would be great. I am still in awe of his impact on so many lives. Some of those lives after a year still have a big hole in them because he can't be replaced. I wish I could step up but I can't because his shoes are bigger than most men can fill. Where did this year go to? Maybe I have been in a haze for the last 12 months.

Work continues like it has been for the last six months. The best part of the day is lunch that is if I don't get a few phone calls during it. It is so frustrating watching this company beat itself silly as it tries to save a nickel so the CEO can get a bigger bonus. They will spend $10.00 to save a nickel and consider it responsible. The only thing "responsible" about this is they will be responsible when they run a good company into the ground.

You know you are having a bad day when they recall "Peanut Butter" because the label doesn't say it has peanuts inside and the word "Peanut" isn't prominently displayed on the label.

Billy J. Davis
March 1933 - February 2006
-- Love You Dad --

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Daddy!!!