Friday, February 16, 2007

Quickie 106

Well, I returned to work today and nothing has changed other than the work piling up as the managers keep adding projects. Through it all I did manage to get computers fixed and get caught up on things. Next week is dedicated to installing Zimbra, a web-based email system. That should prove to be fun.

I saw a great cruise flyer for a Round the World Cruise on the HMS Queen Victoria lasting from 01/13/08 till 04/28/08. I would love to go on that one but I know right now it is just a dream. I guess we all need dreams like cruises and puppies but we must know dreams don't always come true.

We finally figured out what is happening to our snail mail. Things I was expecting (like checks) wound up being sent to #1 as a result of his mail forwarding request. Time to stop that. It seems our brain dead postal workers can't tell the difference between William J and William M.

Wild Mom reported that the work we did last weekend held up very well during the last rainstorm. There are a couple of things to fix but the basic problem has greatly abated. So I guess April will hold a Florida Work Weekend.

Lady is getting ready for the Sweetheart Dinner on Saturday. Guess I better invite her to go with me. This time of the year is hard on someone living in a doghouse.

#1 is doing fine. He is trying to figure out why he is getting all my mail. Hope he has a plan for Lady to stay with him in March.

#2 is getting ready for Saturday Night with Critty. Now he has to learn how to store a wine bottle so that all the contents won't run out onto the floor.

Starr is getting ready for work tomorrow. We survived another hair dying night without any major damage. Still waiting to hear about the other potential job she is trying for. Need Money is the motto here.

Princess is bored. This is a downside to all the consecutive weather days that closed the schools. She wants to start bowling again next season. Is the world ready for that? I had to put up a pair of "love dice" when she started playing with them. I guess she wanted to practice before challenging her "boy friend" to a game.

##### ##### #####

I am watching the story of the NBA player who wants nothing to do with gay people. Why is he being hounded for it? Why does he have to do what he doesn't want to do or like? So now we have to like them and want to be with them or we get ostracized. I too don't like to be around them either as it makes me uncomfortable. So am I to be blacklisted too? I have a right to choose who I am with or associate with and until I act in an unlawful or abusive manner the others should just back off.

No comments: