Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pie in the Sky

The weekend draws to a close but I still have one more day to goof off. Even though the Florida trip was cancelled I went ahead and burned two days off. If I don't I will lose it. Right now the plan is to head south this weekend if the weather cooperates. Bowling was a bust tonight. As a team we just couldn't get in sync. Oh well, plenty of weeks left. Church was great and the Souper Bowl get together was a lot of fun. It seemed this weekend we managed to eat late every night this weekend. The house dynamics were pretty much the same as they have been the last few weeks.

I won't say much in this venue as people tend to take offense and want to disagree with even the basic premises. So that has been a major factor in me shifting part of my writing to a journal. Sometimes I need to be able to vent and speak my mind without getting second guessed or having it interpreted differently. Yes, for those who read between the lines I am not a happy camper. I wish I was but it seems to not be in the cards. Maybe I have watched too much TV and had dreams based on what I saw. While I hold to my principles and that which matters most ... my dreams have crumbled a bit. Will I let it get me down? No, I just keep moving forward and searching. I will blame the TV and books for giving me the wrong view and vow to never trust them again. But, sadly I will because we all seek to be needed and have that pie in the sky relationships that only are seen on "Father Knows Best" and "The Little House on the Prairie." I would sure love to say "Dad, what would you say or do."

Wild Mom gets another week of rest before we invade her place and eat her out of house and home. Who knows maybe we will do a little work. :)

Lady was on the go all weekend and stood there with me this weekend through thick and thin. After baby showers, soup dinners, exercise routines and grandkids ... she is ready to go back to work.

#1 froze his butt off as the temps dipped into the negative numbers. Betcha Florida is looking good to him about now.

#2, well lets just say he participated in life.

Starr is still in our life and leave the rest to we agree to disagree. She went shopping to get some clothes for work tomorrow and also bought some clothes from Hot Topic at the mall. Not my kind of clothes store but she sure liked it.

Princess did her time at the station, hung out with her best friend and even squeezed in some work at Yorkshire restaurant.

Lew was a hand full this weekend. He had a major attitude both days. Maybe he copped some of mine? Getting him dressed to go to Grandma's today was quite a negative experience. We finally just stopped, wrapped him in a blanket half nekkid and carried him there. The body is designed only to take so much then you quit and exert you will.

Still no pictures from Mormonville of the new baby. Could it be the new-fangled camera has out-witted the new dad?

No comments: