Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Crickets? What Crickets!

I thought I might scramble a few thoughts on this hump day. Not much has changed on the work scene. There is enough to keep me busy until the Redskins have a playoff bound team. The new backup data server is turning into a real pain trying to get a stable operating and file system on it. I am on my 6th install and each time it comes up differently. Oh well, what else did I have to do anyways.

Wild Mom: She is just planning away for the Family Christmas party in November. Looks like we will be able to even squeeze in one night at the farmer's Opry. I guess the next question is "who will pay for it?"

Lady: Slowly recovering from the wedding. But it will take a while because so much was let go during that time. But she is good at finding plenty of "honey-do's" to occupy my time.

#1: He finally landed a job in Colorado. So I guess everything is slowly coming together for him. Lady and I sure hope so for his sake.

#2: Still unemployed. There are a few BLANK job applications laying on the table, so I guess when the Blue Moon rises he will fill them out and perhaps gets hired before hell freezes over. Only time will tell.

Star: haven't heard much from her. I guess her new hubby is either testing the limits of her endurance or teaching her the art of finishing the course.

Princess: Don't get to see her much between my stuff and her school and EMT stuff. The main evidence she has been there is the pile of pudding cups. Yes, she has new new uniform and boots. She has been on two calls at the station and come back pumped up ... sure wish she was that excited about school.

Brother #1: No new information. But I know he is figuring out how to deal with Wild Mom when she gets there. There was something about a trip to Germany to visit some relative. At least it will be after Octoberfest and she shouldn't get into too much trouble.

Brother #2: Nothing new. Wild Mom is planning to spend a few days there when she passes through on the way to England.

Sister: Just helping Wild Mom pack to come up here. Gee, I wonder if there is an ulterior motive? Hmmmm!

The Utah Scene: All is quiet on the Mormon Front.

***** Side Thoughts *****

Yesterday on the local news, the weather man started off by telling us about our "deep freeze and how it would be over in a few days." Someone please refresh my memory but isn't a freezing temperature considered to be anything below 32 degrees? I looked at my car temperature guage and it said 52 degrees. Are they spoiled? What will happen when it really freezes?

Don't you just love them Redskins ... errr ... deadskins? The fans are blaming the Quarterback and the coach is saying it is his fault. The bottom line appears to be the whole team is a loser. That many over-priced prima-donnas just can't be a team in a team sport. I see this as very similar to the so-called super star olympic basketball team -- they can't play together. You can even throw in our World Cup team into this group and even add our illustrious Ryder Cup team. It seems we do great in places one person can dominate but when it comes to team play we find a way to lose badly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Dad!!