Monday, October 30, 2006

Chug - Chug - Pop

Well, is it Summer yet? Maybe if the seasons jumped ahead it would be more fun. I wonder how someone with absolutely no concept of operating a computer would want one. The Radio America Network rebuild continues to get delayed by some really dumb service calls.

"My firefox doesn't work ... you need to reinstall it!" "Excuse me; you never had it installed according to the computer." Oh! that’s right. I was thinking of my home computer!"

"You have to find my XYZ folder in my email program for it has important files!" "I found it ... in your trash folder." "Gee, how did it get there? Did the Server crash and move the folder?"

"Where are you [8:00 am] .. Are you coming in?" "I sent you an email yesterday saying I would be out!" "Ok, but let me know when you are out!" 5 hours later .. "I found your email from Thursday .. It was hiding in my inbox."

"I am sending 50 pages to the printer .. and they won't print. I checked the printer and it was on." "Ok, try it now, I refilled the paper tray!"

"My monitor must be broke, so can I get a new one?" "What is wrong?" "It blanks out after about a minute and I have to slap the side of it to get it back on, must be a bad wire!" "Ok, reset your screen saver from 1 minute to 30 minutes."

So you can now get a brief taste of what my life goes through several hours a day. And actually, some of these same things occur at the other work site. The best is "My email is broke." from what I see it hasn't been checked since May. For some of these Einstein’s, a frontal lobotomy would be humane.

Wild Mom: Continues to get ready for the Family party. Lots of house cleaning and remodeling. Hope I recognize the place.

Lady: Continues to work and work. Lots of stuff to do. Soon she will start delegating things to the Kids and help them burn the calories off from all the junk food they eat.

#1: First day of work had 18" of snow. Gee, if he worked here that wouldn't have happened. Oh well, such are the adventures of life.

#2: The application got half filled out. Playing those games sure limit you time to live and advance yourself in the world. Perhaps he should get a job testing the new games. But that would be too much like work and the fun would be gone.

Star: Still recouping from the wedding. Working on "Thank You's" and getting all the paperwork straightened out. Married at home and a Manager at work in the same month ... go girl!

Princess: Things seem to settling into a pattern. School, School, School, School, School, Fire Dept., Work, Fire Dept. And add in the flurry of emotion as she explains it all inside of 5 minutes as she gets ready for bed. What will happen when Mr. Right shows up? The earth will rock as the human dynamo stops.

Brother #1: Health wise not good. Still a long way to go. The full extent will be known when Wild Mom gets over there.

Brother #2: I guess from the little birdie, things aren't perfect and many issues need to be resolved.

Sister: Hmmm, what can you say about someone so together and in control. :)

Utah Scene: No new news. Guess the snow storm downed the internet and phone lines.

Now I am too tired to comment on the rest of the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait to see the latest mischief Wild mom found to get into. How's the TV hunting going?

Anonymous said...

Princess!!

Hi Dad, yet i do remember spending time with the family this weekend!!! And it was more then 5 min!!!! you kno you love me!!!

Princess

Don't laugh cause i cant type either :-)

&& Mr. Right wouldnt fit in my life...

Princess life.. FAMILY!!!,school, FIRE HOUSE, && once in a while work!!

&& ~ and!! just incase im talkin to TEENAGE for you

:-) :-0

You know you gotta love the princess!!!

LOVE YOU DADDY!!