Sunday, June 11, 2006

Somewhere In the Country

Hello from South Boston, Va. We arrived here just before 9 pm Saturday night. Right now we are sitting here just talking and sharing bits and pieces of our lives. Later, she is planning on fixing us dinner. Yes! I brought the Pepto Bismol tablets. We have seen the wedding dress, graduation gown and heard of her’s and Keith’s every plan for the future. Perhaps the song with that simple phrase expresses it best – “it is well with my soul.”

Promise Keepers - What can I say. It was awesome and reaffirmed many of the thoughts that were going through my mind. You can't help but leave there energized and excited. It seemed every speaker pressed a point that just spoke right to me whether it was Bible Study, People, or just my life period. A few blogs ago I asked why was I here. Well, I am here because Jesus called me to be here. The "Why" is still to be shown to me but I must trust him and in time it all will be clear. It is emotional to hear 5000-6000 men sing at one time. If a Promise Keepers event comes near to you, I ask that you (men) attend if possible or better yet come here and go with me. I honestly believe it will change your life forever. Looks like next year we will go to the Richmond Virginia event. That is if we don’t make it a vacation and go to the Orlando Florida event.

Jessi – right now, about all I can say is we are proud of her and love her a lot. Yes, like all parents, we are relegated to the hide-a-bed and realize how our bodies aren’t as adaptable as we use to be. But she is so proud of having us in “Their home.” It is humbling and something to be cherished. She has grown up so much and changed from that “kid” who first appeared on our doorstep so many years ago. I feel confident that she will continue to make us feel proud in everything she does. To listen to her talk of the future and her plans just makes you feel good all over. We thank God for letting Keith come into her life for he has become her rudder to help guide her. To listen to her speak of him is a lesson in “mushy” love. I looked at my wife of 30+years last night as we sat there and wondered if we were ever that mushy. Her graduation is just a few hours away and that will mark another milestone in her and our lives. She will be the first of the kids to walk across the stage for the diploma.

Thanks Carl for attending Promise Keepers with me. What makes the event even more special is having a “friend” standing with you. After all we have been through this year, the Baltimore event was a special time.

This is such a special weekend; I will save the soap box comments for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you and Mom were at my graduation!! It made me so happy to be walking across the stage in cap and gown and to be able to look in the crowd and see you guys there, it was reaally awesome!! I love you both so much!!!