Friday, June 09, 2006

Soap Box 7

Honestly, I am still alive and functioning even though I haven't been on-line much. Sooner or later, all these strings will get tied together and life will return to normal. It seems that a lot of computers that belongs to my closest friends (translated they get fixed free) have decided to hiccup. In most cases, they are simple and easy fixes.

This weekend is another full schedule as starting tonight is PromiseKeepers. I can't wait to plug into the whole experience and get recharged. The experience always amazes me and energizes me. Late Saturday we will head to southern Virginia for Jessi's graduation on Sunday. We both are excited about sharing this moment in time with her because we know what it took for her to get there.

I must put my thinking cap on as I will play the part of a Rabbi at our vacation Bible School. Hmmm, do I have to sing Hava Nagilah all the time?

Lady continues to shine and make life a blessing. Choosing her some 31 years ago makes me seem like a genius. Now mind you, I was mostly there and it only took a little bit of help. (j/k)

#1 - As they say in Baseball, You're out! More to come.
#2 - no changes but the storm clouds are gathering.
Princess - Continues to settle in and adjust to family life at our zoo. We have almost finished the room painting (90%). We would have been done but #1 managed to put another hole in the wall and now we are waiting for the repair to dry so we can prime it and paint it.
Jacqui - Mom is fine and baby is growing .. The little beggar is pushing 8 pounds now ... hmmmm ... high protein milk .. Slurp - slurp.
Jessi - This is her weekend. I suspect her wedding plans will also be front and center this weekend. For some reason, the ladies like to talk about babies and weddings.
Wild Mom - still doing all those things to get the house the way she wants it. Knowing her, she has a race track burned into the grass as she learns to handle the riding mower. I wonder if the flower beds survived.

Work goes on. That is a subject for another day since I would hate to get in a bad mood for the start of what is to be a great weekend.

Marriage Protection Act – well, the majority of states are trying to institute constitutional amendments and our elected representatives could only vote 49-48 … then let’s vote them out of office. The people are speaking and the State’s are listening. The Congress should have passed it 83-17. I have promised my self that any Presidential Candidate that voted NO will not get my vote for any reason.

It is time to clean out the Federal Judges that use the position as a bully pulpit to enact their agenda or their cronies’ agendas. If Congress can have an Ethics Committee oversight then the Judges can too.

Steroids – I just listened to one ball player complain because Grimsley talked to investigators and gave names. The grouser was pissed because he thought Grimsley got caught and should take his punishment without revealing anyone else who was juiced. Other words, as long as you don’t get caught it is ok but never point out when someone is breaking the law. Hey Juicer Bonds, the noose gets tighter.

Al-Zarqawi – Another rat dies, now let us get serious and get the biggest rat.

Maybe it is time to quit trying to make the Sunni’s, Shiites, and Kurds coexist. Divide the land in three parts and let them pursue their own brand of religious purity. Time will show the error of their ways and when enough people die they will ask for help and really want it.

No comments: