Friday, June 02, 2006

I Quit

-- NOT --

I don't have any hair left .... Did someone say today was "Act as dumb as you can possibly be"? These kind of days make me want to dust the "I Quit" notice and find a quiet place and wonder why God put me here in the first place.

Person complains to the VP that his mail is dowloading two copies. Thus he was getting twice as much spam and that wasn't right. Investgation showed he had two email accounts being checked. The first account would download and leave a copy on the server. Then the second one would check the exact same mail account and remove the mail ... Bingo ... 2 emails.

Person complains because a java script program doesn't run. "It runs on every other computer. All I do is run another program and it sets itself up." I said it was a new computer. They repeat the previous statement. Excuse me, I repeated it was a new computer and the software IS NOT loaded. Then they respond, But it works everywhere else! {Give me a break}

"I can't send email because the SEND button is missing. Something you did yesterday when I crashed the program has broke my program." Excuse me but you minimized all the menu bars, click on the little arrow.

I am trying to burn fom one CD to another and all I am getting are blank CD's. Well, don't select the Image Recorder as the destination and give it a file name to store it on the hard drive. They had a stack of 10 CD's that were bad {Blank}

I am trying to burn a CD but it is too slow. [CDRW was a 8x4]. Why are you using that computer? Mine is broke, remember you were going to fix it! Yes, as I said, I would fix it while you are on vacation. Oh! [That new one was a 40x burner]

You have to come and reinstall Microsoft Office right now. Someone deleted it from my Start-Programs directory. No, you deleted them. The programs still exist in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office directory. No, I didn't do that. Well someone hacked your computer and did that then.

I came in early [5 am] to migrate a server only to have to restore the original configuration when something that was supposed to have been fixed yesterday wasn't. So at 10am I was back to where I started. Don't you just love it? I am glad I have so much free time I can give away 4 hours of sleep for no reason.

All these were today and supposedly by professionals who want an automated office environment. Let's keep the computers and get rid of the humans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I feel your pain. Same thing different equipment have some one call at 2 in the morning and find out they are the one that took the station of the air because they can't read and move a mouse!