Friday, June 16, 2006

Musing's While Half Asleep

Well, I am here I think. This week has been a blur. Our main office server died and after about 20 hours I had it back up and running. It sure was a long night though. Other than that occurring the week has been rather uneventful.

#1 and #2 show no change. The clock just keeps ticking.

Princess is out of school for the summer. So we enter a new realm -- summer vacation --. The adjustment to having a sixteen year-old is going well. We have managed not to have any major disagreements. Most the minor ones have been discussed and worked out. She does have a small and discrete tattoo on her ankle. I felt that was the best alternative given where she wanted the others and the tongue pierce. We haven't seen her final grades yet so that may set the tone for the summer. But I think all is well in that area. I just will have to set my expectations of all "A's" aside and accept what she did.

After a two week break, Lew should be back this weekend. That should provide a high energy boost to our systems this weekend.

Hope to see Julian and mom this weekend. Those little guys grow like weeds and I would hate not to be able to recognize him.

I am trying to figure out a time to go down and check on wild mom. You know-- one of them surprise inspections .. to see what is really going on. I probably won't recognize the place after all her redecorating.

Vacation Bible School is fast approaching (end of June). I am slated to be a Rabbi during all the activities. So I am practicing the song "Hava Nagilah" and that funny little squatting dance. Just can't find any "Mossel Toast". Is that any good with grape jelly or just with date jelly?

Perhaps we should send over a bunch of Democratic Senators and let them be the mayor of an Iraqi town for a month. Let them show us how good a leader they would be. That may shut them up a bit.

No comments: