Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kegling Tales

Well, the adventure begins. Tonight I am in Gonzales Louisiana and staying with some friends. I made the run from my house to mom's in 14.5 hours. I think that is the best I have ever done it in. And even then it was still tiring. Tomorrow I head for Corpus Christi and get ready to bowl.

Driving today I was able to see some of katrina's mess. Going home I plan to travel US 90 and be right along the coast and the worst of the damage. It reminds me a lot of being at mom's house after Dennis. The damage looks so much the same. Debris is everywhere, damaged buildings where the repair hasn't even started, blue roofs galore and large spaces with FEMA trailers parked in neat little rows. And I passed many road crews cleaning up the highway at a rate of 30 bags of trash per mile.

Don't ever stop in the French Settlement in the heart of cajun country and ask for directions .. you won't understand a word. :)

*****

To the Nationals - Don't trade him, send him to AA ball and let him squallor in the minors till the contract runs out.

No comments: