Saturday, March 25, 2006

Kegling Tales -- Day 3

Well, today was another beautiful day is south Texas. We rode along the coast for a bit looking at the Gulf of Mexico. Lunch was at restaurant built on a barge and tied up in the harbor in Corpus Christi. The food was good and we actually over ate. Bowling was fun but could have been better. As usual the play was slow and that isn't good for me. I like a fast pace so tomorrow's doubles and singles are more suited for me. I seem to score my best in that format. We bowled next to last years winners and it was evident why they won. Oh, to be 25 and full of energy and throw a ball 20+ miles per hour. Also every one of them carried 6 or more bowling balls to use. I did that for a while when I was younger but it is a real pain in the butt dragging 64 pounds of balls up and down the stairs. For now I will settle for 15 miles per hour and listen to the creaks and pops of our old bones. I didn't bowl what I wanted too but I sure had fun with my teammates from California. Also we bowled the late team shift and bowling at Midnight isn't normal. Well, it is 1:30 am and way past time to sleep and I need rest to get ready for tomorrows fun.

No comments: