Friday, August 26, 2005

Daily Thoughts - XV

Friday is almost here and it is the end of another week. I sit here in a rather curious mood and will need to be careful and not let it spill over into my writing. I am definitely ready for some Mexican food at my favorite restaurant.

And like usual, another project come down today. I was wondering what I would do with my one free hour this fall. Now I know!

Our #2 son flies out Tuesday (8/30) to start his time with the Job Corp. We (Mom and Dad) have mixed feelings about this but at the same time we both agree it is the best for him to start making his way in the world and learn a skill. We don’t need any 40-year-old kids still living at home.

*****

Isn’t it just like the French to keep on trying to remove Lance Armstrong’s titles? Amazing how they have kept his samples since 1999 and just now decided to re-test them. Maybe if the French spent more time training they would not finish in the back of the pack. Come on guys, let up. He has retired so quit dragging up 6-year-old specimens to re-test over and over till you find what you want to find.

Oh boy, now I get to hear the District Leaders complain about the base closures for a while. I love it how they say any hospital is needed no matter how old and inadequate it is. Well, duh! What happened to the old and inadequate Southeast General Hospital you shutdown not long ago? I guess it is ok for them to pilfer money from it and bankrupt it so long as the Federal Government doesn’t do it to them.

If John Mohammed wants to starve himself in protest for being moved and tried in Maryland, then let him. When he dies we will save a lot of taxpayers money both from the trial and supporting him in prison for the next 40+ years till he dies. Why do we cater to the whims and wants of these mentally disturbed people and let the victims suffer? That old proverb, “an eye for an eye” sure looks good and makes a lot of sense. Empty out death row by carrying out the sentences and see how fast violent crimes stop. What do you say, “I am wrong?” Well, try it my way and prove me wrong. At the worse we will alleviate some over crowding and scare the crap out of some petty criminals who might decide the chance to die is too great.

I love the comment to day by a local commentator. “The majority of convicted violent criminals are not American Citizens.” Well, I see the solution in the previous paragraph as a very valid option. If they want to come live here is one thing but if they come to get rich quick and commit a crime and take away an American’s chance to live, then they deserve the same fate. My vote is for “it is time to clean out the prisons and I don’t mean early release.”

No comments: