Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Daily Thoughts - XIV

Well, I just took our best friends to the airport so they could attend a wedding in Fairbanks AK. The other thing I am wrestling with is attending a good friend’s wedding in Guadalajara, MX on December 24. Besides Christmas I have to be in Charleston SC. for our Caribbean cruise. Decision decisions!

On the home front, #1 son is still working and that is good.

Still waiting to see if #2 son goes to Charleston WV for the job corp. I know I won’t stand a chance if she gets another $5000 Christmas bonus this year.

The wife got another 10% pay raise. They keep doing this and she doesn’t want to quit and I am ready to retire. Talk about a tough decision.

I have a new computer support contract starting 8/26/05. It will be a nice one if they hold true to the 20-25 hours a week. Especially since they will pay me $75 an hour plus a dispatch fee. It came to my attention, I could hire someone to do the work for me at $50 per hour and still pocket $25. I think that is a great plan. Now to find some kid who knows enough and is willing to work in order to gain some experience.

I have seen some of the “Going Tribal” shows and they are very interesting. I wish I had a job that I could do something like that once. It would be hard and a challenge but the memories and experiences would be great.

*****

Well, the gangs are still a problem and out of control, but now the Federal Justice Department has entered the fracas.

The next time you speak on extreme religious zealots, Pat Robertson, look at yourself in the mirror. I am saddened you have gave many a good Christian a black eye by your uncalled for comments.

If you ever commit a crime, do it in
Aruba. While you are being interrogated as a prime suspect they will give you the weekend off and then you can escape. Can you believe this?

I am sorry Mrs. Sheehan for your loss. But in your grief you have been taken and manipulated by the press and the liberals. I wonder how the loss of your husband and another family member factors into this debacle. You have let them put words in your mouth, like David Duke and other extremist groups. Perhaps the best thing for you is to go home, be quiet and grieve the loss of your fine son and mend the fences you broke in your family.

No comments: