Friday, August 05, 2005

Daily Thoughts - XI

Well, another week comes to a close. I can’t believe the hours I have spent sitting in meetings and on conference calls. All that time and the end result are “we need to discuss this more or the boss says, let me think this over.” “And you wanted that new laptop set up when?”

Someone please tell me why Novak gets sacked for saying ‘Bullshit” and there is a lot worse being said in most every movie, TV show, and HBO special? Seems to me if we are going to have a so called standard of clean language we should apply it across the whole media spectrum to include news, cable, movie and sports.

My vote is for Baltimore Oriole Coach Mazilli. They canned him because the team sucks. For that matter the team has sucked for years and all they do is fire managers. Has someone in Angelo’s little circle ever considered that the players they are hiring are the problem. Even a great coach can’t motivate perennial losers to win. Look at Joe Gibbs and the Redskins. So from my point of view keep the coach and get rid of the rest of the crappy team.

I continue to applaud the Brits for what they are doing about terrorism. They are fighting back like no other group of people has ever done. Thumbs up to deporting anyone (foreign national) that participates in terrorist activities or endeavors. Maybe someone on this side of the Atlantic pond will get a backbone and start getting tough here. Maybe even start with the ACLU and their liberal whiners.

The home front has added its fuel to the weekly firestorm. #1 son got tired of working and just up and quit. Never mind the car payment or insurance bill, just get tired and quit when you feel like it. Looks like #2 son is going into the Job Corps and he will be sent to Charleston WV. So let’s see how much he will grow up in that environment.

On a side note without too much personal information, I am growing to hate gang bangers with a passion. Specifically, MS-13. It wouldn’t take much for me to considered them open season just like a varmit.

Role-play is at a low point and stalled as I search for a new direction. . Perhaps in time it will become evident and the creative juices will flow and everything will get back on track. I guess even a target dummy will lose it stuffing after enough arrows are fired at it.

Just keep on smiling -- :)

No comments: