Friday, April 02, 2010

The Zephyr - Day Seven

Well, another tournament draws to a close. I did good and feel good about it. Doubles could have been better but I did not care for my partner. That is another story for another day. I slept in today knowing this would be the last sleep in a real bed for a few days. After packing and storing my stuff with the Bell Captain, I headed for the Sands to collect my winnings and to eat at "Mel's Diner." They had a great hamburger and the atmosphere was interesting. I walked about town some while waiting for the train. Needless to say the train arrived at 4:40 pm and the journey home started. Don't like this train as they do not have electric outlets at each seat and the food staff are not as much fun. The Lady sitting behind me let her grandson color all over his face and then praised him for his creativity. Later she had enough nerve to ask me not to eat my Dorito's in front of him. She does not allow him to eat any junk food and I was tempting him. Get real and I continued to eat them. I might have even managed to smack a bit as I licked the stuff off my fingers. They finally got off at Grand Junction but not after amazing me with her dumb ideas and stupid sayings. The scenery was beautiful but the trip is getting long. Well, time to catnap again ...

No comments: