Monday, April 19, 2010

40 and Counting towards 50

The journey is over and we safely returned from Florida. The Reunion was fun except there were too many old people there. Would have been nice to find a few good looking young babes but then I would have been in trouble ... so I guess it works out. Heck, there were NO bikinis, hip huggers, thongs, speedos or skinny dipping. Though we did pass by the All-Natural club. Going down there we made it in two days. Breakfast the first day was in Oak Ridge TN where we met a friend and her son and had a great time. Great little hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Coming home we did it in one day. I am about finished with those types of runs. It takes too much out of me to do a 17 hour day. The Reunion was fun but most of the people I remember were not there. The standard line was "I remember you," to which I replied, "I don't remember you ... it has been 40 years." I did refrain from answering, "I don't remember you because I didn't like you then, so would it change after 40 years?" The beach was pretty and Lady had her shoes off pretty quickly. We skipped the second day and spent it with Wild Mom. Mexican Food was the lunch choice. It was good but not quite up to El Agave's standard. About all we did other than the reunion was sit on the swing and catnap. That seems to be the order of the day down there. Mom did most of the talking, a drawback to letting her stay home so long by herself. I guess I need to plan frequent activities for her. Travelling weather was great and I could have asked for better. Lady and Wild Mom spent a good part of Saturday playing with Wild Mom's cricket ... some crafting machine that sucks you into buying more and more accessories. The sonny-do's were relatively light but I suppose she is saving the back-breakers for another day. We did not see much family though in fairness we made no attempt to see them. Gung-Ho Jen was a no-show on Saturday ... work must have required her presence. What-a-burger and Sonic are the same ... good food and fun. Squirrel Man spent some time with us and managed to hit the restaurants with us. Not much else to say as we basically vegetated and swung our self to sleep.

No updates on anyone else (Starr, Peanut, Princess, or TLJ) as I did not receive any calls or texts. I guess after ignoring them for so long they gave up.

No comments: